Ready to enroll? It’s easy to join a TakeCare Plan
If you are new to the federal workforce and have questions about what TakeCare medical plan might be right for you, answering the following questions can help you choose a plan that might be the best fit.
- Do you live/work in our service area? You can enroll with TakeCare if you live/work on Guam, the CNMI, or Palau.
- What type of coverage will you need? Are you looking for just you, you and someone else, or you and your family?
- Will you need in-network or out-of-network-coverage? Check our Provider Search Tool to see if your doctor is included in our extensive network.
- Are you taking any prescription drugs? Use our Rx Search Tool to see what you'll pay based on your TakeCare medical plan choice, benefit tier, and prescription dosage.
If you need help enrollment help, please refer to OPM’s FEHB Guidance links in the box to the right or contact us at (671) 647-3526, email@example.com
Refer to the videos and information below to review TakeCare’s 2021 plan options, enrollment codes, premiums and costs, and to access other important information.
Chapter 1 - Welcome
Chapter 2 - Background
Chapter 3 - COVID Benefit
Chapter 4 - Offering Overview
Chapter 5 - Benefit Changes
Chapter 6 - Rate Shares
Chapter 7 - Special Features
Chapter 8 - Health Savings Accounts
Chapter 9 - Supplemental Wellness Package
Chapter 10 - Supplemental Dental
Chapter 11 - Enrollment_ Resource Guide
Chapter 12 - TakeCare Advantages
Federal Open Season Presentation Chapter 12: TakeCare Advantages
Chapter 13 - Enrollment_ Resource Guide
Request for a 2021 FEHB Benefit Packet
Click here to request a TakeCare information packet including the 2021 brochure.
TakeCare adds GRMC to its provider network
TakeCare has signed a long-term agreement with Guam Regional Medical City (GRMC) effective May 21, 2021. Under the agreement, TakeCare’s federal and commercial members now have in-network access to GRMC’s full range of medical services on Guam including cardiology, oncology/hematology, hyperbaric wound care, neurology, orthopedics, pulmonology, infectious disease, and other services such as, but not limited to, radiology, patient education, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and emergency services.
Benefit Improvements for 2021
Here are the new benefit improvements being made to all three health plan options (High, Standard, and HDHP).
Emergency Services Notification – TakeCare is eliminating the requirement for members to contact TakeCare “within 48 hours” for emergency services rendered within the service area that do not result in hospitalization.
Weight Loss Medications – TakeCare is adding coverage for weight loss medications. Weight loss medications to be covered as any other medication subject to prior authorization and benefit coverage criteria such as but not limited to Body Mass Index and/or co-morbidities.
Continuous Glucose Monitor – TakeCare is adding coverage for continuous glucose monitors at 100% with no charge to member if patient is actively participating in TakeCare’s Diabetes Management Program and meets criteria for coverage based on HbA1c levels.
Preventive Medications – TakeCare is expanding its list of covered preventive medications with no charge for certain chronic conditions including diabetes, congestive heart failure, coronary and artery disease, osteoporosis, hypertension, asthma, depressions, heart disease, liver disease, and bleeding disorders.
Telemedicine Services – TakeCare is expanding coverage for telemedicine services to include consultation visits via phone, audio and video services using a computer, tablet or smartphone with in-network primary care physicians and specialists, including behavioral health professionals.
Please note this is a summary of changes to the TakeCare FEHB plan options for 2021. This isn’t the official statement of benefits. Please refer to the plan brochure for the detail.
Non-Postal Bi-weekly Shares*
* Postal Categories 1 and 2 and monthly shares can be found on the back page of the brochure
The TakeCare Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for each of its 2021 Options and Uniform Glossary are available through the following links:
Other Important Links
- 2021 FEHB Benefit Brochure
- 2021 FEHB Welcome Booklet
- 2021 Non-FEHB Supplemental Wellness Package
(enrollment is now closed)
- 2021 Non-FEHB Supplemental Dental Coverage
(enrollment is now closed)
- 2021 HDHP-HSA ASC Trust Fact Sheet, Application
- 2021 TakeCare HDHP Pass through Application
- 2021 ASC Trust HSA Brochure, Enrollment Form
- 2021 TakeCare Health Savings Account (HSA) FAQ