COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Announcements
from TakeCare Insurance Co & FHP Health Center
In an effort to be proactive with the current state of preparedness for COVID-19, TakeCare’s highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of our members, staff, families, and community while continuing to serve our members at the highest level possible.Guam is currently under PCOR2 and here is what you can expect on TakeCare’s services:
- TakeCare will continue to operate at a limited capacity at our administrative offices on Guam and Saipan. Essential personnel continue working remotely to provide services during this period and observe social distancing. We encourage customers to transact business over the phone or via email. If it is critical to visit our office, please schedule an appointment(see below).
- Customer Service and Medical Referral Services (MRS) remain primarily available to you by phone or e-mail.
- For urgent eligibility or coverage inquiries, members are advised to call TakeCare Customer Service at (671) 647-3526, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm ChST. Non-urgent inquiries should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For medical referral or prior authorization inquiries or requests, please call TakeCare MRS at (671) 300-5995 or via email email@example.com
Office Visits Available By Appointment Only
Effective May 18, 2020, if there is a genuine and urgent need, a limited number of Customer Service and/or Medical Management staff are available to meet with you inperson by appointment only at our Tamuning or Garapan offices.
Please call (671) 647-3526 (Guam) or (670) 235-0994 (Saipan) to schedule an appointment in advance. No walk-ins allowed. And we again advise that, if you absolutely don’t have to come in, the preferred methods for interactions is via telephone and email (see above).
The wearing of masks, temperature checks, and social distancing will be strictly enforced for anyone entering our offices for your safety and those around you. If you aren’t wearing a mask or if your temperature is over 100oF, you will not be allowed to enter the office. Please note that masks will not be provided. You must bring your own mask.
Due to the restricted waiting area space and the need for temperature screening, we ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointed time. To maintain social distancing, you may also be asked to wait outside until we can service you.
In compliance with CDC and DPHSS COVID-19 guidelines on social distancing, only adults with appointments will be allowed to enter the office. If you need to be accompanied by someone during your visit, please make those arrangements when setting your appointment.
These restrictions may be difficult for patients and their loved ones, but TakeCare is taking these necessary steps to protect you and our staff. Limiting the number of individuals in the office is temporary and is being done for the safety of everyone.
Drop Box Available
A drop box for documents and payments is available at TakeCare’s Customer Service offices in Tamuning and Garapan.
Pay Online Service Available
Members may visit our website on www.takecareasia.com to make payments on Medical and/or Dental Premiums
Temporary Benefit Enhancements
To increase access to consultation services under the governor’s emergency declaration relating to COVID-19, we’ve updated our TakeCare coverage policy to cover the following services from March 16, 2020 to October 25, 2020, or until the public health emergency is extended or terminated earlier by the US Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS).
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, TakeCare covers, at no cost to you as a member, the initial testing/associated visit (including telehealth services) based on CDC’s criteria and physician’s evaluation & determination. TakeCare provides on its website a “CDC COVID-19 SELF-CHECKER” link to the CDC page which lists the symptoms of COVID-19 and other helpful information.
- If you don’t have COVID-19 symptoms but your physician has evaluated and determined that you’ve had close contact or were exposed, for at least 15 minutes, to someone who’s been diagnosed positive for COVID-19, TakeCare covers the initial COVID-19 testing/associated visit (including telehealth services) at no cost to you as a member.
- TakeCare has expanded its Telehealth benefit coverage to include audio and video services using a computer, tablet or smartphone in addition to phone consultation for primary and specialist consultation. TakeCare encourages its members to use telehealth services to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Contact your provider regarding the availability of telehealth services. When related to COVID-19 testing and associated visit, applicable member share (copay, coinsurance, deductible) is waived. Otherwise, member share applies. (Contact your provider regarding the availability of telehealth services).
- COVID-19 testing performed by the Guam Department of Public Health (DPHSS) or the CNMI Community-Based COVID-19 Testing Initiative/Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) are not covered by TakeCare. In these cases, the cost the test is borne by these government entities.
In addition, TakeCare is temporarily extending the availability of its $500 travel benefit to approved urgent off-island referrals to our network providers in Taiwan, currently designated as a ‘low risk’ area by the Governor of Guam and the State Surgeon Physician Advisory Group.
The following temporary benefit enhancement ended June 1, 2020:
- Allowing for early medication refills at in-network retail pharmacies for an additional 30 days for members who meet criteria
***The updates and guidance from DPHSS and the CDC are fluid and ever changing as this 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues. We will adapt our operating procedures and how we apply our benefits accordingly. ***
For provider relations, our contracting team will continue to work remotely to provide limited services. Providers should continue to send their claims electronically (EDI or secured email) and all claim payments from TakeCare will be mailed out.
For inquiries, TakeCare’s contracting teamcan be reached through the following e-mails:
Primary e-mail: TC.Provider@takecareasia.com
Genesis Dela Rosa
Contracting and Credentialing Specialist
Donabel A. Little, MPH, NDTR, CDM, CFPP, ACE-CHC
Clinical Quality, Wellness and Contracting Manager
Mobile (671) 686-3678
We are continuing to monitor the news, updates, and guidance from DPHSS, World Health Organization, the CDC, and other agencies regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will adapt our operating procedures accordingly. For the latest updates, visit our website or follow us closely on social media.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in TakeCare Insurance Company, Inc. for your health insurance needs and coverage. TakeCare is committed to providing you and your dependents quality health insurance services.