COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Announcements
from TakeCare Insurance Co & FHP Health Center
Governor Lou Leon Guerrero declared the reinstatement of Pandemic Condition of Readiness 1 (PCOR1) on August 21, 2020 for a minimum period of 2 weeks. In an effort to flatten the rising curve of positive COVID-19 cases, the governor has issued a second executive order, effective October 1, 2020 to continue the closure of non-essential businesses until further notice.
In compliance with the governor’s executive order, TakeCare has CLOSED its administrative offices on Guam until the executive order is lifted. All personnel are working remotely to provide continued services during this period.
Here’s is what you can expect of TakeCare’s services:
- TakeCare’s member service staff is available to assist you by phone or email, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm ChST.
- For notification of emergency service, in-patient services or admission notification, medical referral or prior authorization inquiries or requests, please call TakeCare Medical Referral Services at (671) 300-5995 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All provider relations and claim staff are working remotely to provide continued services during this period, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm ChST.
- For prior authorization inquiries or requests, please call TakeCare Medical Referral Services at (671) 300-5995 or via email email@example.com
All premium payments are encouraged to be done through the Online Bill Pay Portal (pay.takecareasia.net) or TakeCare Website Payment Portal (https://pay.takecareasia.net/general_payment_page). For any inquiries, please contact your Account Executive and/or our Membership Accounting Services (“MAS”) team at MAS@takecareasia.com
A dropbox is available on the first floor at Customer Service for document submission/payment drop off. Please place these materials in a sealed envelope with your name/contact no/email so we can confirm receipt.
Temporary Benefit Enhancements
To increase access to selected services related to COVID-19, we’ve updated our TakeCare coverage policy to cover the following services from March 16, 2020 to January 21, 2021, or until the public health emergency is extended or terminated earlier by the US Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS).
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, TakeCare covers, at no cost to you as a member, the initial testing/associated visit (including telemedicine services) based on CDC’s criteria and physician’s evaluation & determination. TakeCare provides on its website a “CDC COVID-19 SELF-CHECKER” link to the CDC page which lists the symptoms of COVID-19 and other helpful information.
- If you don’t have COVID-19 symptoms but your physician has evaluated and determined that you’ve had close contact or were exposed, for at least 15 minutes, to someone who’s been diagnosed positive for COVID-19, TakeCare covers the initial COVID-19 testing/associated visit (including telemedicine services) at no cost to you as a member.
- TakeCare has expanded its Telemedicine benefit coverage to include audio and video services using a computer, tablet or smartphone in addition to phone consultation for primary and specialist consultation. TakeCare encourages its members to use telemedicine services to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Contact your provider regarding the availability of telemedicine services. When related to COVID-19 testing and associated visit, applicable member share (copay, coinsurance, deductible) is waived. Otherwise, member share applies. (Contact your provider regarding the availability of telemedicine services).
- COVID-19 testing performed by the Guam Department of Public Health (DPHSS) or the CNMI Community-Based COVID-19 Testing Initiative/Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) are not covered by TakeCare. In these cases, the cost the test is borne by these government entities.
In addition, TakeCare is temporarily extending the availability of its $500 travel benefit to approved urgent off-island referrals to our network providers in Taiwan, currently designated as a ‘low risk’ area by the Governor of Guam and the State Surgeon Physician Advisory Group.
The following temporary benefit enhancement ended June 1, 2020:
- Allowing for early medication refills at in-network retail pharmacies for an additional 30 days for members who meet criteria
***The updates and guidance from DPHSS and the CDC are fluid and ever changing as this 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues. We will adapt our operating procedures and how we apply our benefits accordingly. ***
Your provider relations team will be working remotely to continue to provide you with limited services. We may be reached through the following e-mails:
Primary e-mail: TC.Provider@takecareasia.com
For urgent Contracting concerns, please correspond with
Contracting and Credentialing Specialist
For Credentialing concerns, please correspond with Azaria Quenga
While our offices remain closed during PCOR1 until further notice, our claims team will continue to receive claims submission electronically.
- For providers who are currently submitting claims through TakeCare’s EDI system, you may continue to submit claims as is.
- For providers that submits manual claims to our office, you may submit through e-mail.
Please ensure that claims are sent on a secure site and e-mail to:
We are continuing to monitor the news, updates, and guidance from DPHSS, World Health Organization, the CDC, and other agencies regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will adapt our operating procedures accordingly. For the latest updates, visit our website or follow us closely on social media.